Recognizing Student Veteran Graduates
As college graduations across the country have been canceled, COVID-19 has, unfortunately, also impacted a hard-earned moment of recognition and celebration for our nation’s veterans.
We are proud to be a sponsor of Home With The Brave: A Graduation Salute presented by Student Veterans of America. Due to the recent cancelation of many college graduations around the country this year, SVA and its sponsors will be hosting a live stream virtual graduation ceremony for the 100,000 student veterans who will be graduating college this year.
Our MILVET Program is proud to be partnering with SVA in support of student and early career veterans. We recognize the unique and diverse contributions the Veteran population provides throughout their post-military career. The MILVET Team is dedicated to creating an environment that recognizes the value of service, enhances our veterans’ careers and success, and builds high-performance teams to ensure high-quality services and projects for our customers.
Who Are Student Veterans?
- Student veterans have delayed their goals in higher education and career in order to first serve all Americans.
- Student veterans tend to enter college later, frequently juggling part- or full-time jobs and families in addition to a full class load.
- Student veterans graduate with .40 higher average GPAs than their civilian counterparts.
- Women student veterans make up more than half of SVA chapter leaders nationwide.
- Nearly two-thirds of student veterans are first-generation graduates.
This event will take place on June 12, 2020, at 6 pm ET and will be live-streamed on Facebook, YouTube, and the Xfinity X1 Education Channel.